The Basics of Being a Freelance Makeup Artist

 

I know you can't wait to start working as a freelance makeup artist, but if you don't have the money to go to school right now, you can still learn a lot. I've been a freelance makeup artist for about 5 years. It's hard work, but I get to meet a lot of interesting people and go to beautiful weddings. For me, the best part is being able to change the way my clients look. I love it when they get happy and smile when they see the results.  The tips in this article will help you get off to a good start when it comes to getting the products you need, getting clients to sit in your chair, and being more professional. Don't forget that there are many ways to get the experience you need. Here are some ideas and lessons I've learned along the way. CALL US FOR MAKEUP ARTIST IN GURGAON

I remember reading books about make-up and beauty when I first started. What helped me was getting books with clear instructions and color pictures that showed me how to do things. Some books have very vague information, which makes it hard to tell what is going on with the model's face. This is why details are so important. Also, try to read a lot of different kinds of books. I read books about older women's beauty, Asian women's beauty, and Latina women's beauty because I wanted to know about some of the worries that those groups might have. Both online bookstores and the library are great places to get books.

MAKEUP ARTIST COURSE IN GURGAON

If you have the money, I really think you should go to a seminar given by a professional (or famous) makeup artist. This is a great chance to meet other freelance makeup artists and see how someone else applies makeup. It will help you improve your own work because you will learn about new ideas and great cosmetic products on the market.

You will need a makeup case, makeup brushes, sample testers, a director's chair, and, of course, makeup to get started as a freelance makeup artist. You can buy these things on Ebay or at a beauty supply store near you. The makeup case I use has wheels, a handle that can be pulled out, and compartments that fold out. I've used it for all of my assignments, and it hasn't caused me any trouble when I've traveled. Make sure you choose a set of makeup brushes that won't break the bank and will last a long time. Sable or squirrel brushes are best for this. Individual mascara wands, lipstick applicators, and spatulas are all examples of things that can be used as sample testers. It's important to have these because you don't want bacteria to spread from one client to the next. For lip and eyeliners, a pencil sharpener is also a must-have. Use it to cut off the part you've already used after each client.  CALL US FOR MAKEUP ARTIST IN GURGAON

When you seat your clients, you will use a director's chair. I'm tall, so it's very helpful for me. It's also easy to fold up and put in my car's trunk. Start your collection of makeup with basic colors and shades that are very different from each other. This will help you if you ever need to mix two colors to get the one you want. You can use any brand you want, but make sure you have the essentials.

Some other good advice would be to start with family and friends first. When you're just starting out, you're going to make mistakes, so it's easier to use people close to you as your guinea pigs. They are much less critical, and I'm sure they'll give you advice on how to get better. Also, spend time with other artists and learn from their strengths. I say this because every freelance makeup artist has a different idea of what a certain look should be. I've met makeup artists who were great at doing dramatic makeup, makeup for the stage, and bridal makeup. The more you learn from different people, the more techniques you'll have, which will help you get better.

Last but not least, act like a professional. If you have something planned, please show up on time. Know that most of your business will come from word of mouth, so try to make a good impression on your customers. If you have a client who is getting married and you have to work at the wedding, make sure you dress appropriately. Always wear clothes that look good and are easy to move around in. I walk a lot when I'm on location, so it helps that my clothes don't make it hard for me to move. At every event, don't forget to bring your business cards. Always give them out so that people can get in touch with you if they need something. Have a good time and good luck on your exciting trip!  CALL US FOR MAKEUP ARTIST IN GURGAON

 

 

 

Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1147959

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Makeup Artist Schools Are Important ?

How to Do Punjabi Bridal Makeup Like a Pro for a Show-Stopping Look

How to Get That Classic Red Lip in 5 Easy Steps